Now, more than ever, we must stand together in our communities to build and nurture a more caring, inclusive, just and supportive environment. The Takoma Foundation strives to play a vital role in this endeavour, addressing local needs and enabling greater diversity and creativity in not only Takoma Park and Takoma D.C., but in neighboring Long Branch and Silver Spring as well.
For more than a decade, the generosity of our donors has helped us accomplish incredible things—providing financial support for hundreds of meaningful local projects that have made our community a better place to live and work! Through various grantee initiatives, we’ve been able to help
- disadvantaged youth prepare for real life,
- hard-working families re-settle to a new homeland,
- seniors give back through their experience,
- civic groups to improve social integration,
- run literacy programs for ESOL students and their families,
- build edible gardens for elementary schoolers,
- teach parenting skills that enable pregnant teens to stay in school
- older residents to age in place,
- create job opportunities for youth,
- and much more!
Discover the full breadth of programs and projects supported by reviewing our current and archived Grants Portfolios.
Your Donations at Work
Your gift to Takoma Foundation is one of the most effective and efficient ways you can impact local progress. Entirely volunteer-operated, the Foundation is able to pass every dollar donated directly to programs and projects that bring people together and make our community such a diverse and special place.